Saturday, March 1, 2008

Variations on grilled cheese

I love grilled cheese as much as the next person but sometimes it gets boring and I like to shake it up a bit. I also have a panini griller which I absolutely LOVE and use that for making sandwiches a lot. So, here's some ways I change it up:

*spread bread with herb butter
*add tomatoes
*add tomatoes and onions
*use more than one kind of cheese
*use cheese spreads (wegmans makes ones with things like artichokes, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.)
*different breads, wheat, sourdough, etc.
*ham, turkey, some kind of meat
*I love tuna melts with tomatoes, onions and pickles (yes even when I'm not pregnant!)
*roasted red peppers
*ham & provolone

Ok, so pretty much grilled cheese sandwiches have endless possibilities! So much you can do with them. And of course best paired with Tomato soup, but you can shake up the soup too! I usually put some basil and/or parsley in my soup. You can do croutons on top, more cheese, some frozen veggies for a healthy twist, you name it!

No comments: