Monday, March 3, 2008

Chicken Parmesan

Yes, I use 95% of Wegmans products and yes I even suggested to them that they have a blog on their website for weird people like me! I made this for company a few weeks back so I couldn't take pictures of every step, but the end result was delicious and looked great. Maybe next time.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast or thin Chicken breast cutlets
2 eggs
1 jar sauce
1 box spaghetti or pasta of choice
mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Olive oil
Italian bread

Breading Ingredients:
1-2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
handful of grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup I believe)
1 tsp garlic powder
dash black pepper
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (I love seasonings)

Mix all these together in a somewhat shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl beat 1-2 eggs together. Take your chicken breast, pat dry, dip into egg, coating all over. Then lay it in the breading bowl and make sure it is entirely covered. Lay onto a baking sheet (either sprayed with Pam or wiped with Olive oil so that it doesn't stick). Repeat with remaining chicken. I prefer not to fry it in a saute pan first because that just adds more oil and fat and calories.

Bake at 375 for about a half hour. I use the thin breast cutlets so it doesn't take as long. When chicken is about done- I take the tray out, spread a couple spoonfuls of sauce on each piece, then top with a mixture of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted but not browned.

Serve over pasta, side of salad and of course bread! Try that bread with the herbed butter!

No comments: