Thursday, March 6, 2008

Roasted Potatoes

How can you not love roasted potatoes? They're much healthier than fries, mashed potatoes, possibly even baked potatoes-unless you're one of those weird people who eat baked potatoes plain-who does that? I made these for just Kevin and I, and Kian had one little piece. It would probably feed 3 as a side dish. So, double if you have more than that. Anyways, without further ado:

The Ingredients:
4 medium Red potatoes
about 1/2 tsp Rosemary
about 1/4 tsp Thyme
about 2 tbsp Olive oil
about 1/2 tsp Garlic salt

*I say about because I don't measure, I dash a few things in here and there, but I use my eye to guess about how much it is. But, we've been over this before. I also went light on the herbs because Kevin doesn't really care for herbs the way I do. If things are too covered in herbs he says I have "put birdseed and grass all over his food". Hmph!
Cut potatoes in quarters or eighths, (meaning smaller ones can be quartered, but larger ones should be cut into eighths so that they're all about the same size and cook uniformly)
I then toss them in a bowl, add the seasonings, stir, then add just enough olive oil to coat them lightly.
Then I dump them into a pan, any old pan will do really.

I baked/roasted them at 400 for about 40 mins. Just check with a fork or knife before bringing out. If they're starting to stick to the bottom, add a bit more olive oil. I turned them over and stirred them up about half way through.
Then Eat!! Easy AND Delicious, who could ask for more?

No comments: