Friday, February 29, 2008

Welcome to the kitchen

First, I'm starting this other blog as a means for my recipes, both made-up and out of the book and those wonderful handed-down ones I might be able to share. Usually, I write recipes or ideas down on scrap paper and they inevitably get thrown away or smeared with butter and molasses so that I can no longer read them. So hopefully this will help and to those who think I am so creative in the kitchen and want my ideas (you know who you are *cough Deb cough*) this will surely help.

Second, I am going to assume that you have a basic knowledge of the kitchen. I want to just be able to say "mince" or "dice" or "knead" and know you know what action I mean. Or, if I say "food processor" or "paring knife" or "mezzaluna" you better know which appliance or utensil I mean. Okay, I'll give you the mezzaluna. It's a half-moon (hence mezzaluna) double-bladed cutter with handles on top, makes chopping and butchering things much easier.
Third, all recipes are open to interpretation. I tend to interpret recipes as I see fit, so you should too. Just don't post comments like "ew how gross". I don't like everything and you don't either so let's just leave it at that. Which, also means you won't see a lot of seafood beyond tilapia or tuna. But, I will try things, except probably crab. I will also give credit to those I "stole" recipes from if I can remember who they are from!

Bon apetite!

No comments: